Sunday, June 5, 2011

Trip Report So Far from The Oldest and the Middle

So my Dad has this idea of an “old school family road trip.” Well let me start off with positives so far (if any).   
I got to see the Cadillac Ranch, which is where an artist buried about 10 Cadillacs in the ground in the middle of Amarillo, Texas. You are allowed to spray paint them, and it was fun seeing all of the markings people before us had left. It was also very entertaining watching my crazy brother, Nolan, running around like a maniac searching for left-behind spray paint cans. 

Now for the negatives..… Well, first off, I had to drive 8 hours on my BIRTHDAY to Conway, Arkansas.

Also, I have to help my dad with the directions, and he insists that he knows wear (Sic) he’s going even when I tell him the directions. And also, I don’t like camping too much because there are no showers, in 80+ degree weather.
       
I’m just looking forward to getting to California!!
--Posted by Keegan


(click photo to enlarge)


*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 
Alright so this far in the trip it has been A LOT more exciting than I thought it would be. Now I’m not saying I thought it would be boring; I just thought that the first couple days driving from Alabama to New Mexico would be boring--not the whole trip.

But crossing through the southern part of the Rockies in northern New Mexico has been a really awesome sight to see. Not to mention we're only three days into the trip.

If I’m getting excited about getting a nice camping spot on a creek, what am I going to do when we camp next to the Grand Canyon in Toroweap? My dad should probably put me on a child leash or something or at least my little brother…

--Posted by Riley

No comments: